Alcohol consumption associated with cigarette smoking does seem to increase the risk of certain head and neck cancers.
The American Cancer Society has a guideline for reducing a person’s chance of developing cancer and they are:
- Maintain a desirable body weight
- Eat a varied diet
- Include a variety of both vegetables and fruits in the daily diet
- Eat more high-fiber foods, such as whole grain cereals, legumes, vegetables, and fruits.
- Cut down on total fat intake
- Limit consumption of alcoholic beverages, if you drink at all.
- Limit consumption of salt-cured, smoked and nitrite-preserved foods.
Copyright 2014. SMDI. All rights reserved.